Procedures and Maintenance of Support Facilities in the College
Our college tries its best to allocate and utilize the available financial grants for maintenance and upkeep of different facilities by organizing regular meetings of different sub- committees constituted for this purpose.
- Laboratory: Instruments purchased at different times are recorded in a stock register, maintained by the Heads of the respective departments. To cope with the newly introduced CBCS syllabus, new instruments are purchased from time to time. Repairing of the instruments is done by skilled technicians, as and when required. Laboratories are regularly looked after for their consumables reagents and are regularly maintained by the respective teaching faculties of the lab based departments as well as by the laboratory assistants.
- Library: Library facilities are provided to all the teachers and students. Library is open access and fully computerized. Accounts of visitors (Students, Teachers and Staff) are recorded on daily basis. Suggestion book is kept inside the reading room for taking feedback. To ensure easy return, no dues certificate is issued to the students before filling the form for final exam. Library committee meetings are held at regular intervals to implement new rules and regulations. Journal/Magazine, Daily Newspapers, Employment oriented Newspapers are subscribed on a regular basis. Library books are well stacked in accordance with Dewey Decimal Classification System. Library dusting and Spray is covered under AMC.
- Sports and other cultural activities: The college organizes Annual Sports and other cultural activities like Annual Social, Prize Distribution Ceremony, Quiz, Dance, Drawing, Music Essay, Extempore competitions every year. Sports equipments are purchased and players are provided with different essential playing kits as and when required. The college has a well-maintained Multi-Gym.
- ICT: With the financial grants received from the Rusa fund and college fund, numerous desktops, laptops, projectors, handy-cam, printers etc. are bought and are distributed among different departments from time to time. Almost all the departments are provided with desktops and some departments are provided with laptops. All smart rooms are provided with projector and laptops which are availed by all the departments to project seminars and films for the students, as and when required. There are annual maintenance contract for the computers and IT infrastructure. Internet is available to all teaching and non teaching staffs during office hours.
- Classrooms: Building subcommittee of the college plays an active role to maintain the infrastructure. After getting requisition from different Departments, Principal forwards the plan of action to the building committee for execution. Major works are done by Public Works Department, W.B. Minor repair and renovation work is done with the help of college fund.
- Other Support Facilities: (i) There is a full time sweeper and casual sweeper for cleaning of campus. Toilets are cleaned twice a day by the sweepers. Regular water supply is ensured in the taps. (ii) Uninterrupted power supply from the Solar panel installed in the roof top of the college premises saves electricity consumption from the CESC. A casual electrician is engaged for maintaining and servicing different electrical connection and operating generators as and when required. (iii) Drinking water is provided by Aqua-guard installed in the college which is maintained through AMC with the vendor. (iv)Before a long vacation, pest control chemicals are applied in the library along with other Departments and laboratories. (v) A part-time casual gardener is appointed for weeding, planting, pruning and watering as well as the general maintenance of the garden and greenery. (vi)For security and safety reasons, the entire college along with the library is brought under the CCTV surveillance which is maintained through AMC with the vendor.